The Su-27, NATO codename Flanker, is one of the pillars of modern-day Russian combat aviation. Built to counter the American F-15 Eagle, the Flanker is a twin-engine, supersonic, highly manoeuvrable air superiority fighter. The Flanker is equally capable of engaging targets well beyond visual range as it is in a dogfight given its amazing slow speed and high angle attack manoeuvrability. Using its radar and stealthy infrared search and track system, the Flanker can employ a wide array of radar and infrared guided missiles. The Flanker also includes a helmet-mounted sight that allows you to simply look at a target to lock it up! In addition to its powerful air-to-air capabilities, the Flanker can also be armed with bombs and unguided rockets to fulfil a secondary ground attack role.
Su-27 for DCS World focuses on ease of use without complicated cockpit interaction, significantly reducing the learning curve. As such, Su-27 for DCS World features keyboard and joystick cockpit commands with a focus on the most mission critical of cockpit systems.
- A professional level flight model provides unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it`s like to fly this amazing aircraft.
- A true model of the Su-27 flight control system that allows you to perform the “cobra” and other “out of the envelope” manoeuvres.
- Updated Head Down Display (HDD) with more realistic data link and navigation modes.
- Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit.
- Accurate Su-27 Flanker model, squadron markings, and weapons.
- New instant action, single missions and interactive training missions.
- Battle the F-15C in head-to-head.